Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankful for the alien-like feeling in my tummy.....

November is a month of being thankful for the things we may not remember to be thankful for at other times of the year. Take for instance this little baby girl in my belly. I seem to forget sometimes that it took Shane and I a whole 14 months of trying before we saw that lovely pink line on the test. There were so many months of sadness when I wouldn't see anything or feel anything, it was hard for both of us. Through all those months I was always so grateful for the cute girl and handsome boy that we already had...but it was hard because I wanted them to have another sibling, someone to share these crazy parents with.

Here we are months later and I am almost 31 weeks pregnant and I couldn't be happier and more ready to meet this little girl. In the past week or so I have realized that there was a reason that this little girl did not come along sooner. There was a plan for us...a right time. We have been through a lot this year between Shane not working and me with my constant ups and downs. Shane is finally working and I finally feel more stable and more happy than I have in a while. So I know now why we had to wait and I am glad that I know that now....and I am glad that we had to wait.

So after all of this I am here to say that I am thankful for this little girl in my belly and I am thankful for all her little kicks and punches. These kids are the greatest thing that have ever happened to us and I know that more than I know anything else that is for certain.

*I will update this post with a belly picture as soon as I can.

2 comments:

Ashley Rae said...

That's great Shane got a job!

And how wonderful to be expecting a baby... it's such a great feeling to have the little one inside your tummy. There's no feeling that compares to it. :) I'm happy for you!!

tracy layne said...

I couldn't agree more. Sometimes it's so frustrating and so hard to understand why things happen in the time that they do, and then, suddenly, it all makes sense! You guys did have a rough year this year, but I am so glad that things have turned around and you are feeling all happy again.

I love you and your perfect little family and I also CANNOT wait to meet baby girl and for our baby girls to meet each other!! Eeeeeek! Squeals of delight!