Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sickies!!

We have had a rough week at the Thornton house. I think we are finally through the rough patch though *insert sigh of relieve here*

Well Saturday Shane and I went camping with some friends...no kids! Awesome :)(I will post some pictures later). We had a lot of fun and the weather was awesome. Then on Sunday morning when I woke up I got a call from my dad saying Addy was super sick and had a fever and we needed to come home. Well of course this put me in total panic mode so we hurried and ate breakfast packed up and headed home:( Once we got home Addy didn't seem that bad so we played and had lunch then she had her nap. Well in the mean time Shane started feeling really sick and took a nap too. Later that night Shane started getting the chills and had a fever. So of course the poor guy could not help with the little one. Ahh!

I tried putting Addy to bed that night and she didn't go to sleep until 11:30!! Which is way late for her. Then at 3:30am I could hear her breathing really heavy so I went and checked on her and took her temperature and the thermometer read 104 degrees!! Crap! It scared us so bad so we rushed up to Primary children's hospital. It turns out she has a virus and an ear infection. Well we didn't get home until 6:30 and I had to hurry and get ready and go to work. Awesome. Shane stayed home with Addy but he was still so sick. I ended up going home early that day but I couldn't nap because I just can't...not a napper.

Then on Monday night she woke up in the night and was up for about two hours. I was a zombie yesterday! Finally last night I went to bed early and got a good night sleep. I feel like a whole new person today. Whew! I knew motherhood would be hard at times but not this hard. Someone should warn you that sick babies are really difficult. I am just glad our little Addy is feeling better oh and dad is feeling better too. And mom is awesome!

5 comments:

Ashley Rae said...

Ugh. Sickness is awful... we've been lucky to be sick-free for a while (knock on wood). It was cool running into you yesterday! I haven't seen you in forever. Hope you enjoyed your noodles. Hehe.

SaRah G. said...

SAD!!!! That is no fun! I hope everyone is doing ok now!!!

Amber said...

Sick kids are no fun! I'm glad that she's feeling better. And I agree, people should warn you or tell you about this kind of stuff!

The Roz's said...

Oh it's so rough when kids are sick! You'd never believe it until it happens to you though. I'm glad you're all feeling better, especially the mommy!

tracy layne said...

Umm that it not a happy story. It made me sad :( Poor Addy cakes, poor shane, poor mommy ariel.