Wednesday, October 13, 2010

It was time to say goodbye

On Monday this week we had to say good bye to our old girl Izzy. She was the sweetest dog that never did listen. Even at ten years old she still pottied in the house. But we loved her still and it was hard to let her go! On Monday night Addy asked where Izzy was while we were eating dinner (Izzy was always there to pick up the scraps) and I told her she went to the moon....Addy loves the moon so I knew she would know what I was talking about if I said that. Later that night Addy said "Izzy...moon??" and I said "yep that is right." Luke had a hard time because Izzy has been here his entire life but he understood that she was in pain and it was time. We miss her and the house in not the same without her but now she is with her best friend Dignon. I'm sure they are having the time of the life! Let me tell you losing two dogs in one year has been the hardest thing this family has ever had to go through and I am glad we won't have to go through this pain for a long time.

We now have just Sally and Rosco and they are great fun and we love them so so much. I know our family will always be missing the original two but it is nice to know that we have two others that love us like they did.

Goodbye! We loved you so!


The two lovers during happier time


A blurry but cute picture of Addy and her Izzy

3 comments:

Adams Family Album said...

Oh sweetie, I am so sorry! Sending you hugs!

Amber said...

I'm sorry Ariel! They are having fun running around the moon together though! It will be nice to have the 2 little pups to grow up with Addy though!

debbie said...

I'm so sorry about the loss of your 2 dogs. I feel your pain. It made me start crying reading your post. But like you said they are out of pain and happy now. That's the way I have to think about it when I think about Teton. We will just have to enjoy our new puppies. :)